The search for the right HVAC company can be daunting if you don’t know what qualifications to look for. Here are some recommendations to help you sort through the competitors and find a reputable company that can provide quality results.
Finding the Right HVAC Company
- Ask friends and family for recommendations. This is where you start. Ask why your acquaintances are recommending the consultant that they use. Call several of these recommended companies and ask for references. Call the references and ask if jobs were completed in a reasonable time, and if the work was satisfactory.
- Call the Better Business Bureau. Find out if the company you’re interested in has had complaints filed against it, and if so, why. Also consider any good reviews issued by the BBB.
- Read the online reviews with reservations. Many online sites offer a forum for reviewing a customer’s experience with a company. But, bear in mind that some reviewers have an ax to grind, while other, more positive reviews might be posted by someone with an interest in promoting the company more than it deserves.
- Check out certifications. HVAC industry certifications may be a sign of the company’s professionalism. For instance, proclaiming that the company’s technicians are NATE- (North American Technician’s Excellence) certified signifies the technicians have been rigorously tested and qualified by the highest standards in the industry. Membership in the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) means the company has a stake in maintaining top professional standards.
- Ask about licensing, bonding, and insurance. Oklahoma HVAC contractors are required to be properly licensed. Often, the contractor must be bonded and insured to qualify for a license. You should be sure your HVAC professional has liability insurance to protect your home in case a worker is injured or damage occurs.
- Avoid contractors who give estimates over the phone. For the best results, HVAC contractors should always come to your home to assess repairs or installations, and give you a written estimate.
Contact Air Assurance for more information on hiring a reputable HVAC company. We serve Broken Arrow and the surrounding area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Tulsa and Broken Arrow, Oklahoma area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about choosing an HVAC company and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Guide or call us at 918-217-8273.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “geralt/pixabay”