The last thing you need in the heat of an Oklahoma summer is a failed air conditioner. Unfortunately, it can happen, and when it does you need to act quickly to preserve the comfort of your family.
Whether you’re currently in need of an air-conditioner replacement or simply thinking ahead, answering certain questions now can help alleviate the hassle of the replacement process:
- How does your current system limit your replacement options? While air-conditioner replacement is usually a seamless process, you must be sure that components such as existing ductwork are compatible with your new system.
- Are you financially prepared for an emergency air conditioner replacement? Replacing a failed system can have a major impact on your budget. Hopefully, you’ve planned ahead for just such a situation; if not, we recommend doing so before it’s too late.
- Do you understand efficiency ratings such as SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio)? An indication of cooling capacity versus seasonal energy consumption, understanding SEER can help guide the decision-making process. If you’re unfamiliar with such terminology, research equipment manuals or refer to our Comfort Blog for help.
- How large should your air conditioning system actually be? Remember, oversized air conditioners are known for improper system cycling. This leads to unnecessary energy consumption and affects household comfort. If you’re upgrading to a high-efficiency system, be sure to ask for personalized load calculation to ensure optimal system performance.
Despite the immediate nature of an emergency air-conditioner replacement, it’s important to find a qualified contractor to properly install your system. Questions to ask potential contractors include:
- Are you licensed and insured in the Broken Arrow and Tulsa area?
- How many years have you been in business?
- Can you provide customer references?
- Are your technicians certified by NATE or other nationally recognized organizations?
- Are you Better Business Bureau Accredited? How do you rate in terms of customer satisfaction?
With more than 30 years of service in the Tulsa and Broken Arrow area, we can assure you that our NATE-certified technicians will provide the expertise and quality of service that you expect and deserve. For more information on how to best handle an air-conditioner replacement, contact Air Assurance Heating & Air Conditioning today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.