There’s no better way to compromise the efficiency of your heating and cooling system than to neglect routine professional maintenance. Without preventive maintenance, you run the risk of small adjustments and repairs turning into costly emergency repairs and replacements.
Even if you manage to avoid a system shutdown, an inefficient system means increased energy costs over the long term. That’s why we recommend scheduling preventive maintenance annually for both your heating and cooling systems.
Different aspects of your system will be addressed during cooling- and heating-specific preventive maintenance calls. For example, during a cooling-specific maintenance check, our technicians address:
- Condenser Coils – Dirty coils can compromise efficiency and system lifespan. Our technicians will remove any dirt and debris.
- Refrigerant – If your system has a leak or was improperly charged upon installation, our technicians will ensure that refrigerant levels are charged to manufacturer specifications.
- Air blower – Adjustments will be made to ensure maximum airflow throughout your home.
During heating-specific service, our technicians address:
- Combustion chamber – Carbon buildup will be removed and your chamber will be evaluated for potential damage or corrosion.
- Flue pipe – Adjustments will be made to ensure the efficiency of your barometric damper and your flue pipe will be inspected for damage.
- Burner – Burners will be examined to ensure efficient operation.
Many aspects of your system are addressed during both preventive maintenance calls, including:
- Air filters – Dirty and clogged filters can affect airflow and air quality. These will be replaced.
- Condensate drains – Blockages will be removed to prevent water leakage that can affect humidity and damage the structure of your home.
- Electrical components – These will be tightened and evaluated for safe operation.
- Motor lubrication – Without lubrication, unnecessary friction can occur in the motor, compromising system efficiency and increasing energy costs.
- System controls – Controls are evaluated to ensure safe operation and efficient system cycling.
- Thermostat – Settings will be tested for accuracy.
These are just a few of the important issues our NATE-certified technicians address during an in-depth preventive maintenance check. If you’ve been neglecting your system, don’t wait until it shuts down completely. Contact Air Assurance for an expert consultation. Call us today!
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.